TpT is giving us one last chance to offer a HUGE discount on all products in our stores!
TODAY–Tuesday August 22–TpT is throwing a one-day, site wide back to school “boost” sale: I am discounting all products in my store 20%, and TpT is offering you an additional 5% off with coupon code “BTSBONUS”. I expect that this will be the last opportunity for you to save 25% in this back-to-school season.
Click here to see what I consider to be the must-haves from my store. I wrote that post just before the back to school sale earlier this month, and there are only three paid products that I have added since then (I have also added a few freebies which you can read about here, here, and here):
I added two more weeks’ worth of daily readings, which means that I have officially completed Month One! If you hadn’t already purchased the first two weeks, which I published in the spring, I recommend grabbing this bundle of all 25 readings for just $15.00 (only $11.25 during the sale!). Want to see exactly what you’re getting in the readings? Click here to read the master list of what’s included in each week.
The Elotito parody of Despacito is so awesome that I just had to create an entire mini-unit about Elote so that I could find a way to use the video in class. I added this mini-unit to SOMOS 1 Unit 8 (I also updated the Units 6-9 bundle), so if you already own that, please download it again from “My Purchases”. If you’re not teaching SOMOS, then you can grab the Elote unit here!
Some things that I think you should know about:
- SOMOS Spanish 1 Curriculum: This fills two years for most people. Check out the curriculum overview with links to individual units and bundles here or learn more in the SOMOS Curriculum Collaboration group on Facebook.
- SOMOS Spanish 2 Curriculum: When taught with two novel units, this fills a year. Check out the overview with links here and learn more in the above Facebook group ^^
- 2017-2018 Subscription to El Mundo en tus manos: This year’s subscription will be BI-WEEKLY. I will share five news stories from the Spanish speaking world every two weeks, and they are written in super easy to read Spanish. (You can also get the archived 2016-2017 Fall Subscription or Spring Subscription or the 2016 April-May subscription at a steep discount–hundreds of news articles at your disposal!)
- Independent Textivities Bundle: 36 reproducible worksheets that students can use with ANY text, along with a plan for students that are reading through a novel independently.
- Fast Finishers Bundle: 60 printable worksheets to use for fast finisher activities, sub plans, homework, or ANYTHING. Most are reading-based although there are some writing prompts.
- Shakira Love Triangle reading – Perfect readings for the beginning of the year; they work weather, ‘es de’, and professions into a super fun AND real-world context.
- Hispanic Heritage Month Jeopardy – You need this for September, so snag it now while it’s on sale!
- School Supplies Lotería – This game is played with sentences, and all vocab is contextualized to make it a little more worth your while 😉
- Subject pronouns readings – Read first, then expose grammar. Trust me on this one. You can’t supersede the order of acquisition with explicit instruction but this will make explicit instruction a lot less painful.
- Geography of South America coloring activity and Geography of Mexico/Central America/Caribbean coloring activity – All in Spanish; awesome for the beginning of the year; and they’re just $0.50 each when they ARENT on sale!
Here are some of my other newest products:
- El fútbol en las noticias – 10 news articles about soccer summarized in Spanish. Featuring stories from September 2016 – May 2017.
- Cinco animales en peligro de extinción – five readings about five different endangered species from South America
- Canciones contagiosas – a bundle that includes six of my favorite songs
- Tan fácil by CNCO – song activities for the most simple and catchy song everrrr! Great for Spanish 1. (This is included in the canciones contagiosas bundle.)
- Lecturas diarias Semana 1 and Semana 2 – Each one contains five cultural readings in Spanish; perfect for an FVR library or students looking for more to do on their own! I was hoping to have a full 10 weeks of these done by now, but then again I wasn’t planning to move across the continent when I started publishing them 😉 More on the way soon.
- El fútbol mega bundle: a bundle of my soccer products, including the news articles listed above as well as a reading and biographies of Maradona and Messi.
Also–Check out the 2017 Secondary Spanish Ebook–it features a ton of different Spanish stores, and each of us shared a teaching tip and a link to a free product!! Click here to download it for free!