- Beginner (Level 1), Novice (Levels 1-2)
Who doesn't love stories about criminals–the ones that got away, and the ones that would have if it weren't for a single slip-up!
In this unit, your students will have repeated exposure to the same set of vocabulary words as they read and discuss many interesting crime stories individually, in small groups, and as a whole class.
- la misma tienda
- lleva una camisa
- Instructions for introducing vocabulary
- a song with multiple activities
- a TPRS® story script
- story activities
- an additional version of the story in Spanish
- a current events text in Spanish
- a Spanish-language reading about symbols that criminals use to mark homes
- an infograph interpretation activity
- materials for a Stations day (five readings + tasks)
- a writing assessment
- a reading assessment
- detailed daily lesson plans
- answer keys
- a slideshow with daily warmups and projectable versions of all readings
- a complete unit overview with abbreviated daily plans, can-do statements, World Readiness standards, Common Core alignment, AP themes, Essential questions, and Proficiency Orientation
All slideshow presentations are editable and compatible with Google Slides.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
The Somos Curriculum® is a Proficiency-oriented curriculum for Novice and Intermediate Spanish learners that is designed for middle and high school courses. Instruction in The Somos Curriculum® focuses on language acquisition or implicit language development rather than explicit teaching and practice of grammar and vocabulary. Lessons are highly communicative and conducted primarily in the target language.
With detailed daily lesson plans, target-language scripts, tutorials for making input comprehensible, student activities, assessments, and suggestions for differentiation, The Somos Curriculum® is the most complete Spanish curriculum on the market, and it is no surprise that it is used in more than 100,000 language classrooms worldwide.