- Intermediate (Levels 2-4)
- Google Drive, PDF
- 40 Pages
What better way to share music in the level 3, level 4, or AP classroom than via a song of the week unit? In addition to being a catchy song, Sirena lets you explore the meaning of "Language" with your students. Must a language be spoken? Is computer coding a language? With so much to discuss, students will get to flex their Spanish skills as they give and defend their opinion on the topic.
The song of the week is Sirena by Cali y el Dandee. I would encourage you to watch the video before you purchase because it has a beautiful message but has about 8 seconds that might not be appropriate in your school context. In this packet, I have offered options for getting around those 8 seconds, but be sure you know what the video is like!
Sirena is unit 5 of the Huellas 1 curriculum. It is also a perfect stand-alone unit.
This product contains:
- A detailed week long lesson plan
- Song lyrics both in Spanish only and with the English translation
- Cloze activities with Spanish or Spanish plus translation, with or without wordbank
- Three follow up activities
- A movie talk of the video
- A class story called Ataque de la sirena
- A follow up reading about sirens
- A follow up reading about sign language
- A follow up reading and activity about coding as a world language