- Beginner (Level 1)
- 10 days
The Vamos Curriculum™ is a proficiency-oriented curriculum designed for Exploratory Spanish courses. As an Exploratory curriculum, Vamos has three primary objectives:
- development of linguistic proficiency
- exposure to products, practices, and perspectives from a range of Spanish speaking communities
- fostering interest in continuing language study
THE VAMOS CURRICULUM UNIT 2: FAROLES
Unit 2 of The Vamos Curriculum assumes that students are in the early days of their Spanish learning journeys and have already completed Vamos Unit 1. Each day is filled with communicative, target language activities that build connections within the classroom and between the classroom and the outside world.
Core Verbs: hace, tiene, son, niños
Featured Country: Costa Rica
Cultural Focus: El Desfile de Faroles in Costa Rica (an Independence Day parade)
Throughout the course of this unit students will learn about the geography of Costa Rica, communicate about what they have and don't have in a community building game, engage in cooperative storytelling, play games, connect with their own culture through talking about patriotic symbols, and learn facts about Costa Rica's iconic Lantern Parade and patriotic symbols: all in the target language! Content is scaffolded to build confidence in students as they get their first taste of a language class!
- activities for introducing vocabulary
- activities based on a song and video
- a TPRS® story script
- an interactive Storybuilder presentation
- story-based activities
- a lyric sheet
- an informational text
- authentic videos
- the materials to games
- a slideshow including daily warm-ups
- complete lesson plans
- a student printables files
- answer keys
- detailed activity instructions
- Tic Tac Bingo game
- Paperless worksheets
- a complete unit overview with abbreviated daily plans, can-do statements, World Readiness standards, Common Core alignment, AP themes, Essential questions, and Proficiency Orientation
All unit materials are stored in a Google Drive folder that is accessed via a clickable link in the purchased Licensed Access Document. Materials may be downloaded and editable files converted to Powerpoint or modified in Google Suite.
Look for more units from The Vamos Curriculum coming soon!
Other Units in the Vamos Curriculum: