- Beginner (Level 1)
- Google Drive, PDF
- 9+ days
The Vamos Curriculum™ is a proficiency-oriented curriculum designed for Exploratory Spanish courses. As an Exploratory curriculum, Vamos has three primary objectives:
- development of linguistic proficiency
- exposure to products, practices, and perspectives from a range of Spanish speaking communities
- fostering interest in continuing language study
VAMOS UNIT 3: PAPAS
Unit 3 of The Vamos Curriculum assumes that students are in the early days of their Spanish learning journeys and have already completed Unit 1 and Unit 2 of the Vamos Curriculum. Each day is filled with communicative, target language activities that build connections within the classroom and between the classroom and the outside world.
- Core Verbs: hay
- Recycled vocabulary: tiene, son, prefiere, le gusta, ¿Qué es esto?, niños
- Featured Country: Perú
- Cultural Focus: Perú's biodiversity
Throughout the course of this unit students will learn about the geography of Perú, communicate about descriptions of people and things, create their own characters, play games, communicate about the date, and learn facts about Perú's biodiversity and geography: all in the target language!
Content is scaffolded to build confidence in students as they get their first taste of a language class!
- activities for introducing vocabulary (Bingo)
- a suggested Calendar Talk Script
- an One Word Image presentation
- a calendar talk presentation
- story-based activities
- an informational text
- authentic videos
- the materials to games
- a slideshow including daily warm-ups
- complete lesson plans
- a student printables files
- answer keys
- detailed activity instructions
- the Unfair Game®
- Paperless worksheets
- a complete unit overview with abbreviated daily plans, can-do statements, World Readiness standards, Common Core alignment, AP themes, Essential questions, and Proficiency Orientation
All unit materials are stored in a Google Drive folder that is accessed via a clickable link in the purchased Licensed Access Document. Materials may be downloaded and editable files converted to Powerpoint or modified in Google Suite.
Look for more units from The Vamos Curriculum coming soon!
Other Units from The Vamos Curriculum