- Beginner (Level 1), Novice (Levels 1-2)
- 25 Pages
This product features 23 notable Afro-latinos from diverse career fields: entertainment, politics, journalism, and more. Most--but not all--are US citizens. Most are alive but some are deceased.
Each Afro-latino is featured on a slide (PDF and PPT versions available) with a picture and a brief biography in Spanish that is understandable to first year students. THE BIOGRAPHIES ARE WRITTEN IN SPANISH, NOT ENGLISH!! Please be aware when purchasing.
- 23 brief biography slides in Spanish (Google Slides, Editable)
- Mini-card, printable versions of each slide
- 2 Grudgeball games (each one with 20 questions that feature 10 of the figures) (Google Slides, Editable)
- Suggested uses for the biographies
- Reflection card that students can use to record information about each figure and connect him or her to their own lives.
- Quiz Quiz Trade question cards in Spanish with an answer key
The intended purpose for the slides is to display and read together one biography during each class day of Black History Month, although there are endless possibilities for classroom use.
MORE RESOURCES ABOUT AFROLATINOS FROM THE COMPREHENSIBLE CLASSROOM:
- ¿Qué significa afrolatino? | Wordoku Puzzle
- 11 Afrolatino biographies | Spanish
- 20 Afrolatinos notables | SPANISH
- 5 afrolatinas
- Afrolatinos en las noticias
- Afrolatino teaching resources for Spanish class
- Afrolatino Viewing Guides
- Bemba colorá by Celia Cruz
- Just the way you are by Bruno Mars- Spanglish version
- Nuqui by ChocQuibTown
- Te vas by Ozuna