- Intermediate (Levels 2-4)
- 13 Pages
5 AFROLATINAS QUE DEBES CONOCER
This product contains the biographies of five influential Afrolatinas. The biographies are written for students with an Intermediate level of proficiency.
Each of the biographies discuss how these women became influential, and the descriptions of their work as activists or the way they have influence the Latino and Afrolatino communities in their countries or in the USA. These biographies could also be a great warm up activity for third year students or, if laminated, could be an addition to your FVR library or to your Black History Month or Afrolatinos unit.
- Miriam Miranda (activist)
- Sara Gómez (filmmaker)
- María Elena Moyano (activist)
- Gina Rodríguez (actress)
- Rosario Dawson (actress)
Each short biography is written on a one-page worksheet with a very brief comprehension activity at the bottom. Answer keys are included.
NOTE TO BUYERS:
This product is a collaboration between Nelly Hughes and The Comprehensible Classroom. Please do not purchase this product if you have previously purchased this resource from Comprendes Méndez SpanishShop.
MORE RESOURCES ABOUT AFROLATINOS FROM THE COMPREHENSIBLE CLASSROOM:
- ¿Qué significa afrolatino? | Wordoku Puzzle
- 11 Afrolatino biographies | Spanish
- 20 Afrolatinos notables | SPANISH
- 5 afrolatinas
- Afrolatinos en las noticias
- Afrolatino teaching resources for Spanish class
- Afrolatino Viewing Guides
- Bemba colorá by Celia Cruz
- Just the way you are by Bruno Mars- Spanglish version
- Nuqui by ChocQuibTown
- Te vas by Ozuna