- English (ELL/ESL/ELD)
- Beginner (Level 1), Novice (Levels 1-2)
Looking for simple biographies for your English learners to read?
This product features one-page, easy to understand, basic biographies of 11 influential Afro-latino individuals. The biographies are written with limited vocabulary, simple sentence structure, and years are written written out to support students learning number words in English. The kind of information shared about each figure is similar so that students benefit from the natural repetition of vocabulary across all biographies.
Each biography is accompanied by a one-page worksheet with 10 True/False questions--in English--about the reading. Answer keys are included.
- Cardi B (USA, rapper)
- Epsy Campbell (Costa Rica, politician)
- Laz Alonso (USA, actor)
- Concha Buika (Spain/Ecuatorial Guinea, singer)
- John Carlos (USA, athlete)
- Gwen Ifill (USA, TV journalist)
- Prine Royce (USA, singer)
- Idalys Ortiz (Cuba, athlete)
- Taio Cruz (England, composer/producer)
- Luis Guillermo Solís (Costa Rica, politician)
- DJ Jigüe (Cuba, DJ)
The product download is a PDF that contains a clickable link to a Drive folder. The Drive folder contains a printable PDF of the texts and activities as well as a Slides file that can be used to assign paperless worksheets to students via a Learning Management System.