- Novice (Levels 1-2)
If you purchased Somos 1 Unit 5, please be aware that about 30 percent of the activities from this unit are included in Unit 5--there is some overlap!
In this 7-day unit, students will learn about what happens during a bullfight and how and why it is a controversial practice. The unit centers on the basic structures "va", "tiene", and "está _".
This product contains:
- detailed, 7 day lesson plans
- daily warm-ups
- a slideshow to accompany the materials
- several pre-reading activities to access prior knowledge
- an introductory activity about bulls
- a basic reading in Spanish about bullfighters
- an expanded reading in Spanish about bullfighters
- a reading in Spanish about why some consider bullfighting to be an art
- comprehension and analysis activities for all readings
- two songs with lyrics and activities
- a protest slideshow skeleton
- a bullfight video viewing guide for the teacher
- a bullfight video viewing activity
- a re-enactment activity to practice TPR gestures
- post-viewing activity
- writing assessments
- several reflection activities for the unit to build Global Competency
- answer keys for everything
This unit is suitable for Novice learners. I use it in the second month of Spanish 1, but it is important to note that I use a curriculum structured around high frequency structures and thus able to complete this unit successfully. If you follow a traditional textbook curriculum, students might not be ready until the end of Spanish 1.