- Beginner (Level 1), Novice (Levels 1-2)
This 8-day lesson plan for Spanish 1 works with food and emotions vocabulary and introduces students to the novel/film Como agua para chocolate by Mexican author Laura Esquivel. These materials provide a short introduction to the film/novel, and students are not required or encouraged to watch it in its entirety (the film is rated R).
- está triste y llora
- el lobo tiene hambre
- personalized questions to introduce vocab
- story script
- story activities
- song lyrics
- reading about Celia Cruz
- slideshow about laughing and crying
- a joke to kick off the unit
- listening and reading assessments
- a reading about Como agua para chocolate using the vocab
- instructions for using a clip from the movie Como agua para chocolate
- a video activity for a five minute Spanish cartoon
- a speaking assessment
- a PPT for the unit that includes daily warm-ups
- answer keys for all activities
- a complete unit overview with abbreviated daily plans, can-do statements, World Readiness standards, Common Core alignment, AP themes, Essential questions, and Proficiency Orientation
All slideshow presentations are editable and compatible with Google Slides.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
The Somos Curriculum® is a Proficiency-oriented curriculum for Novice and Intermediate Spanish learners that is designed for middle and high school courses. Instruction in The Somos Curriculum® focuses on language acquisition or implicit language development rather than explicit teaching and practice of grammar and vocabulary. Lessons are highly communicative and conducted primarily in the target language.
With detailed daily lesson plans, target-language scripts, tutorials for making input comprehensible, student activities, assessments, and suggestions for differentiation, The Somos Curriculum® is the most complete Spanish curriculum on the market, and it is no surprise that it is used in more than 100,000 language classrooms worldwide.