- Novice (Levels 1-2), Intermediate (Levels 2-4), Advanced (Levels 4-AP)
- 83 Pages
This product contains resources and lesson plans to teach an extensive, 11+ day unit on Argentina's Abuelas de Plaza de Mayo. It is designed for students in their second year of Spanish, but it could be easily used in upper levels as well.
- fue/fui/fuiste - was
- se llevó/se llevaron - carried/took away away
- al (momento) siguiente - the next moment
- miente - lies
- dice la verdad - tells the truth
- cree - believes
- Detailed daily lesson plans
- Instructions for introducing vocabulary
- a TPRS® storyasking script
- a short story and multiple story-based activities
- a simple informational text
- a detailed informational text
- various authentic-resource based activities
- a slideshow with projectable versions of all texts
- daily warm-ups
- a writing assessment
- answer keys for all activities
- unit overview with ACTFL standards, CCSS aligned daily objectives, Can-Do statements, proficiency targets, and more
This product download is a PDF that contains a clickable link to a Drive folder that contains all unit materials.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
The Somos Curriculum® is a Proficiency-oriented curriculum for Novice and Intermediate Spanish learners that is designed for middle and high school courses. Instruction in The Somos Curriculum® focuses on language acquisition or implicit language development rather than explicit teaching and practice of grammar and vocabulary. Lessons are highly communicative and conducted primarily in the target language.
With detailed daily lesson plans, target-language scripts, tutorials for making input comprehensible, student activities, assessments, and suggestions for differentiation, The Somos Curriculum® is the most complete Spanish curriculum on the market, and it is no surprise that it is used in more than 100,000 language classrooms worldwide.