- Novice (Levels 1-2), Beginner (Level 1)
This seven-day storytelling unit for Spanish 1 teaches students about common Spanish superstitions.
- le da
- esto le parece extraño
- instructions for introducing vocabulary
- a song lyrics activity (A puro dolor)
- a TPRS® story script
- story activities
- a cultural reading
- comprehension questions
- discussion questions
- a video based activity
- a second song activity
- a slideshow with discussion questions
- a writing assessment
- a reading assessment
- answer keys
- detailed lesson plans for the entire unit
- a complete unit overview with abbreviated daily plans, can-do statements, World Readiness standards, Common Core alignment, AP themes, Essential questions, and Proficiency Orientation
All slideshow presentations are editable and compatible with Google Slides.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
The Somos Curriculum® is a Proficiency-oriented curriculum for Novice and Intermediate Spanish learners that is designed for middle and high school courses. Instruction in The Somos Curriculum® focuses on language acquisition or implicit language development rather than explicit teaching and practice of grammar and vocabulary. Lessons are highly communicative and conducted primarily in the target language.
With detailed daily lesson plans, target-language scripts, tutorials for making input comprehensible, student activities, assessments, and suggestions for differentiation, The Somos Curriculum® is the most complete Spanish curriculum on the market, and it is no surprise that it is used in more than 100,000 language classrooms worldwide.