- Beginner (Level 1), Novice (Levels 1-2)
Everyone loves the idea of the siesta... but is perception reality? Use this 6+ day unit to explore the custom in historic and modern contexts.
- hay que - you have to
- vuelve a - goes back/returns to
- poco a poco se aburre - little by little s/he gets bored
- daily warm-up activities
- a song with lyrics activity
- instructions and materials for introducing vocabulary
- a writing/discussion prompt
- a story script
- story activities
- a mini-lesson on military (24 hour) time
- a Spanish-language reading about siestas
- an additional cultural reading
- a writing assessment
- an #authres reading/search activity
- a group discussion activity
- a slideshow with projectable versions of all readings
- daily lesson plans
- answers keys
All slideshow presentations are editable and compatible with Google Slides.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
The Somos Curriculum® is a Proficiency-oriented curriculum for Novice and Intermediate Spanish learners that is designed for middle and high school courses. Instruction in The Somos Curriculum® focuses on language acquisition or implicit language development rather than explicit teaching and practice of grammar and vocabulary. Lessons are highly communicative and conducted primarily in the target language.
With detailed daily lesson plans, target-language scripts, tutorials for making input comprehensible, student activities, assessments, and suggestions for differentiation, The Somos Curriculum® is the most complete Spanish curriculum on the market, and it is no surprise that it is used in more than 100,000 language classrooms worldwide.