- Beginner (Level 1), Novice (Levels 1-2)
This bundle includes complete lesson plans and all materials required to teach a seven-day unit in early Spanish 1 about bullfighting. The first half of the unit is focused on building vocabulary through narrative. The second half of the unit uses the Core Vocabulary to describe various elements of bullfighting, including the fact that it highly opposed. Students have the opportunity to consider multiple perspectives about bullfighting and to formulate and express their own ideas in the target language.
- va a
- está enojado
Bullfighting - culture or torture?
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- instructions for introducing vocabulary
- two song activities with lyrics sheets
- a story script
- follow-up activities for the story
- a fictitious Spanish-language reading
- a listening assessment
- an authentic reading activity (formative assessment)
- a Spanish-language reading about bullfighters
- comprehension questions
- discussion questions
- an authentic video activity
- a bullfighting song activity
- an optional writing assessment
- suggestions for additional activities
- a 48 page slideshow with daily warm-ups
- answer keys
- detailed lesson plans for the entire unit
- a complete unit overview with abbreviated daily plans, can-do statements, World Readiness standards, Common Core alignment, AP themes, Essential questions, and Proficiency Orientation
Click here to purchase a four-day expansion pack for this unit that digs into the bullfighting debate: ¿cultura o tortura?
If you would like to teach ONLY the cultural content of this unit (without the vocabulary introduction and storytelling), purchase the bullfighting lesson plans.
Files for this unit are stored in Google Drive. The lesson plans and student printables are in a fixed PDF, and the Slideshow is editable in Slides or Powerpoint. When you download this resource, you will receive a PDF that contains a clickable link to the Drive folder.
The Somos Curriculum® is a Proficiency-oriented curriculum for Novice and Intermediate Spanish learners that is designed for middle and high school courses. Instruction in The Somos Curriculum® focuses on language acquisition or implicit language development rather than explicit teaching and practice of grammar and vocabulary. Lessons are highly communicative and conducted primarily in the target language.
With detailed daily lesson plans, target-language scripts, tutorials for making input comprehensible, student activities, assessments, and suggestions for differentiation, The Somos Curriculum® is the most complete Spanish curriculum on the market, and it is no surprise that it is used in more than 100,000 language classrooms worldwide.