- Beginner (Level 1), Novice (Levels 1-2)
This unit for Spanish 1 is designed to help your students acquire language through narrative and cultural exploration. Unit 7 of The Somos Curriculum, it builds on the language that students have acquired in previous units or can be paired with different curricula to enrich student learning.
- lo ayuda
- tienes que
- no puede
Los castells de Tarragona
- discussion activities
- a story script
- story activities
- a song activity
- a writing assessment
- a reading assessment
- discussion activities about castells
- three leveled readings about the castells
- video-based activities about castells
- a listening activity about castells
- Editable, Google Slides slideshows
- answer keys
- detailed lesson plans
- a complete unit overview with abbreviated daily plans, can-do statements, World Readiness standards, Common Core alignment, AP themes, Essential questions, and Proficiency Orientation
- NEW IN 2022: PAPERLESS/DIGITAL SLIDES VERSIONS OF ALL STUDENT PRINTABLES!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
The Somos Curriculum® is a Proficiency-oriented curriculum for Novice and Intermediate Spanish learners that is designed for middle and high school courses. Instruction in The Somos Curriculum® focuses on language acquisition or implicit language development rather than explicit teaching and practice of grammar and vocabulary. Lessons are highly communicative and conducted primarily in the target language.
With detailed daily lesson plans, target-language scripts, tutorials for making input comprehensible, student activities, assessments, and suggestions for differentiation, The Somos Curriculum® is the most complete Spanish curriculum on the market, and it is no surprise that it is used in more than 100,000 language classrooms worldwide.