- Intermediate (Levels 2-4)
- 50 Pages
The materials and suggested plans will fill between 5 and 8 class periods. They include:
- a four-level embedded reading in Spanish
- discussion questions
- pre-reading/viewing vocabulary introduction
- communicative activities
- an exclusive interview with filmmaker Axel Arnaud
- a writing assessment with rubrics included
- a listening activity
- several formative reading comprehension assessments
- a slideshow
- a reading-circle inspired lesson plan to link all activities together
- NEW IN 2020: Paperless/Digital versions of all student printables
This an be taught as Unit 8 of the SOMOS Level 2 Spanish curriculum or it can be taught as a stand-alone unit in Spanish 2+.
All content from the short film "El hombre feliz" is used with express written consent from Axel Arnaud. Please preview the video before purchasing this lesson so that you can be confident that your students will be interested in discussing this short film.