- Intermediate (Levels 2-4), Advanced (Levels 4-AP)
- 80 Pages
This unit provides five very full days of Comprehension-based lessons in which students will examine the practice and explore perspectives surrounding the infamous chancla; a commonly-used and polarizing disciplinary tool that is frequently referenced in pop culture.
The unit targets the imperfect tense of -AR verbs, meaning that students will have repeated exposure to those verbs throughout the unit. The core structures are "se quejaba de", "lo aguantaba", and "le dio con la chancla".
These materials are designed for a Level 2 Spanish class, and they can be used as a stand-alone unit even for teachers that are not following the SOMOS Level 2 curriculum. The product contains:
- a song chorus activity
- instructions for introducing vocabulary
- two #authres video activities about La chancla
- a MovieTalk script
- a TPRS story script
- story activities
- a two-page fictitious story
- a Reader's theater activity
- communicative activities
- a sequencing activity
- several lyrics activities for a parody
- a writing activity
- writing, listening, and reading assessments
- detailed lesson plans
- answer keys
- a slideshow for the entire unit, including daily warm-ups (PDF, PPT, and Google Slides versions included)
The presentation is fully compatible with Google Slides.
The Spanish Level 2 SOMOS Curriculum is a comprehension based curriculum: lessons are designed to provide students with massive amounts of comprehensible input through reading, storytelling, film, discussion, and music. Each lesson targets a specific grammar construction so that the curriculum can be aligned with more traditional textbook curricula.