- Intermediate (Levels 2-4)
- Google Drive, PDF
- 65 Pages
Dive in with us to a movie talk (clip chat) based around an amazing song and music video. Bajo la mesa is the perfect way to get your students into a chat about art and artists. It provides opportunities for students to learn to describe things in detail (an amazing AP skill). With suggested grammar topics, vocabulary, and a full face to face and remote lesson plan, this is a unit you can use as-is to save two weeks of planning!
This unit of study is unit 1.1 of Somewhere to Share's Huellas curriculum for Intermediate students. It can also be used as a stand alone unit.
This product contains:
- Bajo la mesa by Morat and Sebastián Yatra as the song of the week
- Cloze activities with and without English, with and without word bank
- A movie talk and follow up to get input of the target structures
- Two listening activities to dig deeper into the song lyrics
- Readings about the importance of art and art museums
- Lesson plans for 8 days of face to face learning and up to 13 days of virtual or hybrid learning
- A printable (or digital) reader with biographies of the artists whose work is featured in the video