- Intermediate (Levels 2-4), Advanced (Levels 4-AP)
- Google Drive, PDF
- 51 Pages
Did you know that 1 in 3 women worldwide have experienced violence in their lifetime? The inspiration for the unit Ni una más was Aitana's song of the same name. In this unit, students will learn her song and watch her video, but they'll dig deeper into women and men standing up against violent acts against women around the world. With an argumentative essay as the final assessment, it is a great way to practice for proficiency based exams like the AP, the AAPPL, and the STAMP.
This unit of study is unit 2.12 of Somewhere to Share's Huellas curriculum for Intermediate students. It can also be used as a stand-alone unit.
This product contains:
- Ni una más by Aitana as the song of the week
- Cloze activities with and without English, with and without word bank
- Two listening activities to dig deeper into the song lyrics
- Readings about the the Ni una menos movement, about Frida Kahlo's Unos cuantos piquetitos, and about the hermanas Mirabal
- A gallery walk of social media posts related to the Ni una menos movement
- Duolingo podcast and AJ+ español video based listening comprehension activities
- Final assessment - Argumentative Essay
- Lesson plans for 8 days of 45(ish) minute class periods