- Novice (Levels 1-2), Intermediate (Levels 2-4)
- Google Drive
- 49 Pages
- 1 hour
Explore Hanukkah and how it is celebrated in four major cities in Latin America (CDMX, Santiago, Buenos Aires, Montevideo).
This product features a series of texts that are provided as printable resources as well as digital readings in an Interactive Slides format. Students MUST have online access to Slides or PPT in order to engage with the readings. Each text is written in Spanish and would be best suited for students in Level 2 and beyond that are accustomed to reading in the target language. It would probably be a stretch for students in Level 1 to read these texts in the fall of their first year!
After students read each of the texts about a celebration in a specific country, they will visit a special Interactive slide on which they will complete a processing activity. When finished, they move on to read about a different celebration.
A one-page comprehension activity is provided in both printable and paperless/digital format for students to complete after they have finished all of the readings.
The Interactive slideshow contains 47 slides, most of which contain 1-2 paragraphs of text. Reading and completing this activity will take at least one 45-minute class period, if not more.
OTHER WINTER TRADITIONS RESOURCES FROM THE COMPREHENSIBLE CLASSROOM:
- El Día de los Reyes Magos | Simple reading and glyph
- El Día de los Reyes Magos | Reading and game
- El que sabe, sabe | Las celebraciones invernales
- Las doce uvas de la suerte | Lesson plans
- Muñecos de nieve | Glyph and picture talk
- Nochevieja | New Year's in Spanish: 12 uvas, 12 deseos
- Winter holidays for Spanish classes