- Beginner (Level 1), Novice (Levels 1-2)
- 6 Pages
- 1 hour
El Día de los Reyes Magos is January 6, and this simple reading and glyph is the perfect lesson plan for your first Friday back to school after the New Year.
Students read a one-page passage in Spanish about el Día de los Reyes Magos and then complete a page of comprehension questions and a glyph (learn more about glyphs here).
If you use this resource in January, teachers will likely find that it is appropriate for Spanish 1 students that are accustomed to reading paragraph and possibly page-length texts in Spanish. Otherwise, it would be a better fit for Spanish 2+.
OTHER GLYPH ACTIVITIES FROM THE COMPREHENSIBLE CLASSROOM:
- Cascarones | Reading and glyph
- Cinco de Mayo | Basic reading and glyph in Spanish
- El 12 de octubre | El Día de la Raza y Día de la Resistencia Indígena
- El Día del Amor y de la Amistad en México
- Geography of South America coloring activity in Spanish
- Geography of Central America, Mexico & Caribbean coloring activity in Spanish
- Mon Bonhomme de Neige | Winter glyph for French class
- Muñecos de nieve | Glyph and picture talk
- Snowpeople | Glyph and picture talk for ELL classes
- Nochevieja | New Year's in Spanish: 12 uvas, 12 deseos