- Beginner (Level 1)
- 7 Pages
- 45 minutes
This product will allow even your most emergent readers to learn the basic facts and the historical significance of El Cinco de Mayo.
The product includes a simple text in Spanish, a listening activity, and 2 versions of a glyph with true/false statements in Spanish to be used as a comprehension activity. This resource was featured in a 2021 Instagram Reel (here).
A digital version of this reading and glyph is included in the Cinco de Mayo Digital Pack.
OTHER GLYPH ACTIVITIES FROM THE COMPREHENSIBLE CLASSROOM:
- Cascarones | Reading and glyph
- El 12 de octubre | El Día de la Raza y Día de la Resistencia Indígena
- El Día del Amor y de la Amistad en México
- El Día de los Reyes Magos | Simple reading and glyph
- Geography of South America coloring activity in Spanish
- Geography of Central America, Mexico & Caribbean coloring activity in Spanish
- Mon Bonhomme de Neige | Winter glyph for French class
- Muñecos de nieve | Glyph and picture talk
- Snowpeople | Glyph and picture talk for ELL classes
- Nochevieja | New Year's in Spanish: 12 uvas, 12 deseos