- Beginner (Level 1), Novice (Levels 1-2), Multi level
This bundle includes resources about several holidays and traditions from the Spanish speaking world. All materials are in Spanish and written for students in their first years of language study.
The following traditions are addressed in these materials:
- Tió de Nadal: the pooping log tradition from Cataluña
- El Día de los Inocentes
- La Pastorela
- Las Posadas
- El Día de los Reyes magos
- Las doce uvas de la suerte / New Year's Eve
- The Spanish Christmas Lottery
More holidays and traditions will be added to this bundle as materials are completed.
Please note: some of these traditions have religious significance and/or roots (La Pastorela and Las Posadas). These connections are described in the materials.
OTHER WINTER TRADITIONS RESOURCES FROM THE COMPREHENSIBLE CLASSROOM:
- El Día de los Reyes Magos | Simple reading and glyph
- El Día de los Reyes Magos | Reading and game
- El Janucá en América Latina
- El que sabe, sabe | Las celebraciones invernales
- Las doce uvas de la suerte | Lesson plans
- Muñecos de nieve | Glyph and picture talk
- Nochevieja | New Year's in Spanish: 12 uvas, 12 deseos
- Winter holidays for Spanish classes
Navidad en México
Reading and questions about Mexican Christmas traditions
Tradiciones de la Navidad | Cultural Activities for Spanish classes + DIGITAL
Readings and activities about several Christmas-season traditions in Spanish-speaking countries
Unas vacaciones memorables | Winter Break Chat Preterite tense
A "find someone who" activity focusing on 1st and 2nd person regular preterite verb forms
El Tió de Nadal
Learn about the pooping log tradition from Cataluña in Spain!
Las doce uvas de la suerte | Lesson plansLa Nochevieja Lesson Plans in Spanish
Nochevieja | New Year's in Spanish: 12 uvas, 12 deseos
Students express their New Year's goals with this glyph activity.
El sorteo extraordinario de Navidad
Unit plan and activities to learn about the Spanish National Christmas Lottery