- Beginner (Level 1), Novice (Levels 1-2)
- 110 Pages
- 1 week
Unleash the ilusión de la lotería in your Spanish classes this holiday season!
Use this 6-7 day unit to teach Spanish 1 and 2 students about the Spanish Christmas Lottery. This is the perfect way to bring the holiday spirit into your classes without working with any specific religious holiday. Other than its name, the annual December 22 lottery has nothing to do with Christmas!
- activities for multiple authentic videos, including commercials, news stories, movie trailers, songs, and clips from TV programming
- a song activity with artist biographies in Spanish
- a 91-page slideshow that contains Spanish-language readings suitable for Spanish 1 students and beyond about the history of the lottery, the prizes, how the ticketing system works, the way that the lottery is announced, and a story about the winner of the Gordo
- discussion questions for all slides
- activities to practice large numbers in Spanish
- several writing activities
- communicative activities
Follow the step-by-step instructions, or use the raw materials combined with your own creativity and flair to create a memorable lotto lesson that is uniquely yours!
Note: DO NOT PURCHASE this product if you have purchased or plan to purchase UNIT 25 of the «Somos» Spanish 1 curriculum, "Cuesta demasiado", as this lesson is contained within that unit. UNIT 25 introduces key vocabulary through storytelling that will help students to understand the Sorteo materials before jumping into the cultural component.
OTHER NAVIDAD RESOURCES FROM THE COMPREHENSIBLE CLASSROOM:
- 2016 Spanish Christmas lottery activity
- El que sabe, sabe | La Navidad
- El sorteo extraordinario de Navidad
- El Tió de Nadal
- Navidad en México
- Tradiciones de la Navidad | Cultural Activities for Spanish classes + DIGITAL
WINTER TRADITIONS RESOURCES FROM THE COMPREHENSIBLE CLASSROOM:
- El Día de los Reyes Magos | Simple reading and glyph
- El Día de los Reyes Magos | Reading and game
- El Janucá en América Latina
- El que sabe, sabe | Las celebraciones invernales
- Las doce uvas de la suerte | Lesson plans
- Muñecos de nieve | Glyph and picture talk
- Nochevieja | New Year's in Spanish: 12 uvas, 12 deseos
- Winter holidays for Spanish classes