- Novice (Levels 1-2), Beginner (Level 1)
This unit is designed to teach your students the core vocabulary words "cuesta demasiado", "compra", and "vende" in preparation to learn about El Sorteo Extraordinario de Navidad (the Spanish Christmas lottery).
These plans will fill 11+ 45-minute class periods. Some teachers choose to use the storytelling portion of the unit in sequence with the SOMOS Curriculum and reserve the Sorteo materials for around the holiday season (either in the same school year or the next). Others teach the full unit at the same time, regardless of when the lesson falls during the year.
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
- instructions for introducing vocabulary
- a story script
- story activities
- a listening assessment
- a song lyrics activity
- two story-based readings that can be used as reading assessments
- a 91-slide slideshow reading about El Sorteo Extraordinario de Navidad
- two authentic video-based activities
- two additional video-based readings
- an infographic activity
- two writing assessment options
- a cross-curricular, cultural math worksheet using shopping ads
- answer keys
- detailed instructions for teaching the unit
- a slideshow with projectable warm-ups, all readings, and other materials
- a complete unit overview with abbreviated daily plans, can-do statements, World Readiness standards, Common Core alignment, AP themes, Essential questions, and Proficiency Orientation
All slideshow presentations are editable and compatible with Google Slides.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
The Somos Curriculum® is a Proficiency-oriented curriculum for Novice and Intermediate Spanish learners that is designed for middle and high school courses. Instruction in The Somos Curriculum® focuses on language acquisition or implicit language development rather than explicit teaching and practice of grammar and vocabulary. Lessons are highly communicative and conducted primarily in the target language.
With detailed daily lesson plans, target-language scripts, tutorials for making input comprehensible, student activities, assessments, and suggestions for differentiation, The Somos Curriculum® is the most complete Spanish curriculum on the market, and it is no surprise that it is used in more than 100,000 language classrooms worldwide.