- Beginner (Level 1), Novice (Levels 1-2)
- Google Drive
This is Unit 3 of Sumus Latin 1, a Comprehension-based program for Latin that provides materials and activities to facilitate communicative exchanges in Level 1 Latin courses. The Sumus Curriculum is written by John Bracey and adapted from the Somos Curriculum for Spanish.
- est hōra [octāva]
- iānuam aperit
- numquam claudit
About the lesson plans:
This set of SUMUS Flex Plans includes lesson plans and materials for 7 days of instruction. Lesson plans and materials are provided with instructions for FOUR (4) kinds of learners for every day in order to streamline planning:
- IN CLASSROOM STUDENTS: for daily classroom instruction
- LIVESTREAM AND SYNCHRONOUS STUDENTS: for students that are attending class from home, either streaming in to classroom instruction or attending classes that are led by the teacher on virtual platforms such as Zoom.
- ASYNCHRONOUS: for students that are working independently on virtual assignments from home.
- PRINT ONLY: for students learning remotely without Internet access
All learning strands are fully synchronized so that all students in the course will be working through the same material, at the same pace, regardless of the instructional strand that they have chosen.
This unit includes over 130 pages/slides of resources. Here are just a few:
- Detailed daily lesson plans for four strands of instruction
- 10 warm-up activities, each provided as Interactive or Projectable slides AND Forms.
- 1 StoryBuilder® presentation (in which students create their own story while they read)
- 5 stories that are understandable for students in week 1 of Latin
- Digital worksheets that students can be assigned through your Learning Management System and completed in Slides
- A printable packet of 7 days of stories and activities for students that do not have Internet access; can also be used for differentiation
THE SUMUS CURRICULUM
The Sumus Curriculum is a new project from The Comprehensible Classroom. These units are currently available:
- Sumus 1 Unit 1
- Sumus 1 Unit 2
- Sumus 1 Unit 3