- Beginner (Level 1), Novice (Levels 1-2)
- 177 Pages
- 2 weeks
Explore French cuisine like never before!
These nine-day unit plans are proficiency oriented and comprehension based, allowing your students to make forward progress on the path to proficiency through cultural study.
- je sais
- il/elle trouve
- il/elle cherche
- instructions for introducing vocabulary
- biography of Shy'm
- Je sais song activities
- class discussion prompts
- a communicative activity with writing component
- a TPRS® story script
- multiple story based readings and activities
- a simple reading about poutine (in French)
- video and discussion activities re: poutine
- a simple reading about cheese (in French)
- video and discussion activities re: cheese
- a simple reading about the influence of French cuisine on US diet
- activities to identify the regions of France and locate them on a map
- detailed readings about iconic dishes from various regions of France (crêpes and galettes, la salade niçoise, les moules frites, etc.) - for stations
- reading assessment and optional listening assessment
- detailed lesson plans
- slideshow in PPT and PDF forms
- answer keys
- a complete unit overview with abbreviated daily plans, can-do statements, World Readiness standards, Common Core alignment, AP themes, Essential questions, and Proficiency Orientation
All slideshow presentations are editable and compatible with Google Slides.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
This is Unit 8 of The Comprehensible Classroom's French I curriculum. Click here to view a resource map listing the most popular French resources from The Comprehensible Classroom.