- Beginner (Level 1), Novice (Levels 1-2)
- Google Drive
- 130 Pages
- 2 weeks
Start off the school year right in French class, no matter how you are delivering instruction! This is the second unit that you will teach in French 1, Level 1. This is the Flex Learning equivalent of the original Nous sommes 1 Unit 2.
This set of Nous sommes Flex Plans includes lesson plans and materials for 7 days of instruction plus supplemental/enrichment materials. Lesson plans and materials are provided for FOUR (4) synchronized learning strands in order to streamline planning:
- TRADITIONAL: for daily classroom instruction
- HYBRID: for instruction that alternates between synchronous classroom or remote instruction and asynchronous virtual assignments
- VIRTUAL: for fully asynchronous instruction
- PRINT ONLY: for students learning remotely without Internet access
All learning strands are fully synchronized so that all students in the course will be working through the same material, at the same pace, regardless of the instructional strand that they have chosen.
This unit includes over 130 pages/slides of resources. Here are just a few:
- Detailed daily lesson plans for four strands of instruction
- 10 warm-up activities, each provided as Interactive or Projectable slides AND Forms.
- 1 StoryBuilder presentation (in which students create their own story while they read)
- 4 stories that are understandable for students in week 1 of Nous sommes
- Digital worksheets that students can be assigned through your Learning Management System and completed in Slides
- A printable packet of 7 days of stories and activities for students that do not have Internet access; can also be used for differentiation
NOUS SOMMES ORIGINAL OR NOUS SOMMES FLEX?
The NOUS SOMMES Flex plans offer a simplified version of the lessons from the original Nous sommes curriculum. Because many teachers will now be juggling multiple strands of learners, including learners in virtual spaces, it is important to keep the content more consistent and predictable for both the teacher and the student. The original Nous sommes plans include a much wider variety of activities and go more in-depth with cultural exploration.
Teachers that already own the Nous sommes curriculum can continue to follow the original lessons for traditional classroom instruction. These teachers may choose to purchase Nous sommes Flex and follow the Flex plans for Hybrid and Virtual learners.
Teachers that do not already own the Nous sommes Curriculum may choose to purchase only the Nous sommes Flex plans. The Flex plans are not dependent on the original plans in any way. Purchasing both the original Nous sommes materials and the Flex plans will allow teachers to access the full depth of the curriculum with learners in the Traditional strand.