- Beginner (Level 1), Novice (Levels 1-2)
- 30 Pages
Explore sports, sport fandom, and athletes in Spanish speaking countries in this 9-day unit for Spanish 1.
- quiere jugar
- juega bien
- instructions for introducing vocabulary
- a story script
- story activities
- two songs with lyrics activities
- a game
- a vocabulary activity
- a listening assessment
- a Spanish language reading
- a writing assessment
- an infographic activity
- an online research activity
- three video-based activities with activity sheets
- a Spanish language reading assessment
- a 30 page slideshow including daily warm-ups
- answer keys
- detailed lesson plans
- a complete unit overview with abbreviated daily plans, can-do statements, World Readiness standards, Common Core alignment, AP themes, Essential questions, and Proficiency Orientation
All slideshow presentations are editable and compatible with Google Slides.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
The Somos Curriculum® is a Proficiency-oriented curriculum for Novice and Intermediate Spanish learners that is designed for middle and high school courses. Instruction in The Somos Curriculum® focuses on language acquisition or implicit language development rather than explicit teaching and practice of grammar and vocabulary. Lessons are highly communicative and conducted primarily in the target language.
With detailed daily lesson plans, target-language scripts, tutorials for making input comprehensible, student activities, assessments, and suggestions for differentiation, The Somos Curriculum® is the most complete Spanish curriculum on the market, and it is no surprise that it is used in more than 100,000 language classrooms worldwide.