- Novice (Levels 1-2), Beginner (Level 1)
This unit includes everything you need to teach a Spanish 1 six+ day unit that looks at dating traditions in Spanish speaking countries (perfect for Valentine's Day...or any day that your students are thinking about dating!). It includes
- no conoce a nadie
- sale de
- agarra la mano
- instructions for introducing vocabulary
- two songs with activities
- a story script
- story activities
- a sub plan/homework
- a listening assessment
- a Spanish-language, cultural reading assessment
- discussion questions
- a video-based authentic resource activity
- a reading-based authentic resource activity
- answer keys for all activities
- daily warm-ups
- complete lesson plans
- a slideshow for the entire unit in PDF and PPT
- a complete unit overview with abbreviated daily plans, can-do statements, World Readiness standards, Common Core alignment, AP themes, Essential questions, and Proficiency Orientation
- NEW IN 2020: Paperless/Digital Slides versions of all student printables
All slideshow presentations are editable and compatible with Google Slides.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
The Somos Curriculum® is a Proficiency-oriented curriculum for Novice and Intermediate Spanish learners that is designed for middle and high school courses. Instruction in The Somos Curriculum® focuses on language acquisition or implicit language development rather than explicit teaching and practice of grammar and vocabulary. Lessons are highly communicative and conducted primarily in the target language.
With detailed daily lesson plans, target-language scripts, tutorials for making input comprehensible, student activities, assessments, and suggestions for differentiation, The Somos Curriculum® is the most complete Spanish curriculum on the market, and it is no surprise that it is used in more than 100,000 language classrooms worldwide.