- Beginner (Level 1), Novice (Levels 1-2)
These 7 day lesson plans designed for Spanish 1 students and beyond explores undocumented immigration; specifically migration across the southern US border.
- regresa allí
- llega a un país
- daily warm-ups
- instructions for introducing the vocabulary, including games and discussion questions
- a story script
- story activities
- a song with instructional activities and accompanying lyrics/reading activity sheet
- a cultural reading to be used as a reading assessment
- an authentic video activity
- an authentic reading activity
- a re-take reading assessment
- a listening assessment
- discussion questions for all activities
- answer keys for all activities
- a 66-slide slideshow for the unit
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
The Somos Curriculum® is a Proficiency-oriented curriculum for Novice and Intermediate Spanish learners that is designed for middle and high school courses. Instruction in The Somos Curriculum® focuses on language acquisition or implicit language development rather than explicit teaching and practice of grammar and vocabulary. Lessons are highly communicative and conducted primarily in the target language.
With detailed daily lesson plans, target-language scripts, tutorials for making input comprehensible, student activities, assessments, and suggestions for differentiation, The Somos Curriculum® is the most complete Spanish curriculum on the market, and it is no surprise that it is used in more than 100,000 language classrooms worldwide.