- Novice (Levels 1-2), Beginner (Level 1)
Luis Soriano invented Biblioburro, a "donkey library" to provide access to books and education to children in rural Colombia. These unit plans provide Spanish teachers with everything needed to teach a nine-day unit (8 days of lessons plus 1 assessment day) about Biblioburro to students in late Spanish 1 and beyond.
- viene a un pueblo
- toda la gente
- pone encima de
- estar + locational prepositions sentence BINGO game
- instructions for introducing vocabulary
- a TPRS® story script
- authentic song lyrics and activity
- story activities
- a Spanish language reading about Biblioburro
- comprehension questions
- discussion questions for all readings
- two authentic video viewing activities
- multiple communicative activities
- an adapted news article about a related story from 2018
- reading, listening, and writing assessments
- answer keys
- detailed, step-by-step daily lesson plans
- daily warm ups
- a 43 slide presentation provided in PPT and PDF formats
- a complete unit overview with abbreviated daily plans, can-do statements, World Readiness standards, Common Core alignment, AP themes, Essential questions, and Proficiency Orientation
All slideshow presentations are editable and compatible with Google Slides.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
The Somos Curriculum® is a Proficiency-oriented curriculum for Novice and Intermediate Spanish learners that is designed for middle and high school courses. Instruction in The Somos Curriculum® focuses on language acquisition or implicit language development rather than explicit teaching and practice of grammar and vocabulary. Lessons are highly communicative and conducted primarily in the target language.
With detailed daily lesson plans, target-language scripts, tutorials for making input comprehensible, student activities, assessments, and suggestions for differentiation, The Somos Curriculum® is the most complete Spanish curriculum on the market, and it is no surprise that it is used in more than 100,000 language classrooms worldwide.