- Beginner (Level 1), Novice (Levels 1-2)
Energize your classes with this story-based unit for the early weeks of Spanish 1!
- opens the door
- never closes
- it's  o'clock
El canal de Panamá
- warm-up activities
- instructions for introducing vocabulary
- discussion questions
- a story script
- story activities
- a writing activity
- a reading assessment
- a song lyrics activity
- a slideshow (Google Slides format)
- Two ClipChat scripts, simplified texts, and comprehension activities
- an illustrated slideshow about the Panama Canal
- reading worksheets and comprehension activities for videos
- An interactive game with facts about Panama
- answer keys
- detailed lesson plans
- a complete unit overview with abbreviated daily plans, can-do statements, World Readiness standards, Common Core alignment, AP themes, Essential questions, and Proficiency Orientation
All slideshow presentations are editable and compatible with Google Slides.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
The Somos Curriculum® is a Proficiency-oriented curriculum for Novice and Intermediate Spanish learners that is designed for middle and high school courses. Instruction in The Somos Curriculum® focuses on language acquisition or implicit language development rather than explicit teaching and practice of grammar and vocabulary. Lessons are highly communicative and conducted primarily in the target language.
With detailed daily lesson plans, target-language scripts, tutorials for making input comprehensible, student activities, assessments, and suggestions for differentiation, The Somos Curriculum® is the most complete Spanish curriculum on the market, and it is no surprise that it is used in more than 100,000 language classrooms worldwide.