- Beginner (Level 1), Novice (Levels 1-2)
This lesson plan bundle includes everything needed to teach an 8 day unit about the Latin influence on the American diet.
- instructions for introducing vocabulary
- a song activity and reading
- a communicative activity
- a story script
- daily warm-ups
- post-story activities
- a news article
- an Edpuzzle resource connecting to the news article
- a cultural reading assessment
- two infographics with discussion questions
- six slides that describe traditional latin dishes with discussion questions and notes sheet with comprehension questions
- a two-day optional extension with readings and #authres to learn about Elote (product can be purchased separately)--use now or save for later!
- suggestions for additional activities
- answer keys
- detailed lesson plans
- a 87 slide slideshow
- a complete unit overview with abbreviated daily plans, can-do statements, World Readiness standards, Common Core alignment, AP themes, Essential questions, and Proficiency Orientation
All slideshow presentations are editable and compatible with Google Slides.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
The Somos Curriculum® is a Proficiency-oriented curriculum for Novice and Intermediate Spanish learners that is designed for middle and high school courses. Instruction in The Somos Curriculum® focuses on language acquisition or implicit language development rather than explicit teaching and practice of grammar and vocabulary. Lessons are highly communicative and conducted primarily in the target language.
With detailed daily lesson plans, target-language scripts, tutorials for making input comprehensible, student activities, assessments, and suggestions for differentiation, The Somos Curriculum® is the most complete Spanish curriculum on the market, and it is no surprise that it is used in more than 100,000 language classrooms worldwide.