- Beginner (Level 1), Novice (Levels 1-2)
In the US, children fear the Boogeyman. In Spanish speaking countries, they fear El Cucuy.
These unit plans include everything that you need to teach an 8-day unit that uses the structures "mira", "tiene miedo de", and "hacia" to teach students about the legend of El Cucuy (El Coco). It includes...
- instructions for introducing vocabulary
- discussion questions to personalize the structures
- a story script
- two song activities
- two readings
- two writing assessment options
- two video-based activities
- a communicative activity
- a reading and discussion questions in Spanish about El Cucuy
- a slideshow including daily warm-ups
- detailed lesson plans for eight days
- a complete unit overview with abbreviated daily plans, can-do statements, World Readiness standards, Common Core alignment, AP themes, Essential questions, and Proficiency Orientation
All slideshow presentations are editable and compatible with Google Slides. The product download is a PDF that contains a clickable link. The link takes you to a Google Drive folder that stores all contents.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
The Somos Curriculum® is a Proficiency-oriented curriculum for Novice and Intermediate Spanish learners that is designed for middle and high school courses. Instruction in The Somos Curriculum® focuses on language acquisition or implicit language development rather than explicit teaching and practice of grammar and vocabulary. Lessons are highly communicative and conducted primarily in the target language.
With detailed daily lesson plans, target-language scripts, tutorials for making input comprehensible, student activities, assessments, and suggestions for differentiation, The Somos Curriculum® is the most complete Spanish curriculum on the market, and it is no surprise that it is used in more than 100,000 language classrooms worldwide.