- Discuss the before-reading discussion questions in the Teacher’s Guide
- Read the story aloud as students listen. As they listen, have them draw murals to map out the action and locations in this chapter.
- Next, have them put their murals aside and read the chapter in a small group.
- With their small group, have students complete the Esquema for Chapter 8.
- Discuss the comprehension questions as a class.
- Now that students have read the chapter a second time, completed the esquema with groups, and discussed comprehension questions, have them make corrections and add details to their murals.
- Use the murals to give students a speaking assessment–they have to describe what is happening in their mural.
Again, we did not use the extra cultural readings and activities in the Teacher’s Guide for this chapter. I am saving them for a project at the end of the book!