- Novice (Levels 1-2), Intermediate (Levels 2-4)
- 20 Pages
- 2 hours
What do Monarch butterflies have to do with the Day of the Dead?
These materials contain two, two-page readings in Spanish and a 10-segment activity sheet to accompany the documentary "Here Come The Dead", which can be previewed on YouTube.
The first reading explains the migration of Monarch butterflies in detail.
The second reading explains the Monarchs' significance in the day of the dead.
The three-page handout to accompany the "Here Comes the Dead" video includes a variety of short activities (summaries, CLOZE transcripts, reflection questions, comprehension questions) to use at strategic stopping points during the 10 minute video.
Both readings include complete glossaries, and 10 comprehension questions are included for the reading about the Monarchs and the Day of the Dead. A projectable version of this reading is included as well.
Finally, a coloring page featuring a Monarch butterfly is included along with a suggestion for a wrap-up/reflection activity.
DÍA DE MUERTOS RESOURCES:
- Day of the Dead | BUNDLE + COCO
- El Día de los Muertos Strip BINGO in Spanish
- El Día de Muertos | Las calaveras de Chilacayote
- El Día de Muertos | Los alebrijes de la Ciudad de México
- El Día de Muertos | Readings and more in Spanish
- El Día de Muertos Flex | Level 1 Spanish
- El Día de Muertos Flex | Level 2 Spanish
- El que sabe, sabe | Día de Muertos
- La leyenda del cempasúchil | The Legend of the Marigold
- Las mariposas monarcas