- Novice (Levels 1-2), Intermediate (Levels 2-4)
- 13 Pages
This product contains the biographies of five strong female athletes that have made an impact in the world of sports. The biographies are written for students with a novice high level of proficiency.
Each of the biographies discuss how these women have influenced their individual sport. Second year Spanish students will be able to understand these readings with ease by the spring semester, if not before. These biographies could also be a great warm up activity for third year students, a great addition to your Sports unit, or, if laminated, could be an addition to your FVR library.
- Caterine Ibargüen - Salto triple (atletismo)
- Teresa Perales - Natación paralímpica
- Soraya Jiménez - Halterofilia
- Edurne Pasabán - Alpinismo
- Amaya Valdemoro - Baloncesto
Each short biography is written on a one-page worksheet with a very brief comprehension activity at the bottom. Answer keys are included.
NOTE TO BUYERS:
This product is a collaboration between Nelly Hughes and The Comprehensible Classroom. Please do not purchase this product if you have previously purchased this resource from Comprendes Méndez SpanishShop.
MORE FAMOUS LATINOS RESOURCES FROM THE COMPREHENSIBLE CLASSROOM:
- 11 Afrolatino biographies | Spanish
- 20 latinos notables | SPANISH
- 20 Afrolatinos notables | SPANISH
- 25 MÁS latinos notables
- 31 mujeres que debes conocer
- 5 + 1 futbolistas famosos
- 5 actores españoles
- 5 afrolatinas
- 5 deportistas hispanohablantes
- 5 héroes de la Independencia de México
- 5 líderes sindicales
- 5 personajes de la Revolución Mexicana
- Afrolatinos en las noticias
- Cinco mujeres que debes conocer
- Famous Hispanics Grudgeball game
- Hispanic Heritage Month | 21 personas de herencia hispana
- Pop culture personalities | Spanish