- Novice (Levels 1-2), Intermediate (Levels 2-4)
- 13 Pages
In Mexico, September 16th is "El día de la Independencia". This product contains the biographies of five heroes of the Mexican War of Independence.
Each biography is written for students with a Novice High level of proficiency. As biographies of historical figures, both versions are written primarily in the past tense. Each of the biographies discuss how the heroic actions of these historical characters contributed to Mexico gaining its independence. Second year Spanish students will be able to understand these readings with ease by the spring semester, if not before. These biographies could also be a great warm up activity for third year students, a great addition to your Mexican History unit, or, if laminated, could be an addition to your FVR library.
- Miguel Hidalgo y Costilla
- Josefa Ortíz de Domínguez
- José María Morelos y Pavón
- Leona Vicario
- Ignacio Allende
Each short biography is written on a one-page worksheet with a very brief comprehension activity at the bottom. Answer keys are included, and DIGITAL SLIDES/PAPERLESS versions of each worksheet are included as well.
NOTE TO BUYERS:
This product is a collaboration between Nelly Hughes and The Comprehensible Classroom. Please do not purchase this product if you have previously purchased this resource from Comprendes Méndez SpanishShop.
MORE HISPANIC HERITAGE MONTH ACTIVITIES FROM THE COMPREHENSIBLE CLASSROOM:
- ¿Qué es el Mes de la Herencia Hispana?
- 20 latinos notables | SPANISH
- 25 MÁS latinos notables
- 5 héroes de la Independencia de México
- 5 personajes de la Revolución Mexicana
- Cielito Lindo
- El 12 de octubre | El Día de la Raza y Día de la Resistencia Indígena
- El juramento a la bandera
- El que sabe, sabe | El mes de la herencia hispana
- Famous Hispanics Grudgeball game
- Geography of Central America, Mexico & Caribbean coloring activity in Spanish
- Geography of South America coloring activity in Spanish
- Hispanic Heritage Month | 21 personas de herencia hispana
- Hispanic Heritage Month BUNDLE
- Hispanic Heritage Month Jeopardy
- Hispanic Heritage Month reading
- La Independencia de Centroamérica | Geography and history for Spanish 1+
- Mexican Independence Day plans for Spanish class & El grito de Dolores + DIGITAL