- Novice (Levels 1-2)
- 10 Pages
Celebrate Mexican Independence Day with this 3-day mini-unit on the 'Grito de Dolores'!
- A Spanish language reading about the history and modern-day celebration of El Grito de Dolores that is comprehensible for some first year Spanish students (depending on when your school year starts), but definitely for students at the beginning of their second year of language study
- A suggested video clip with teacher script in Spanish for the bicentennial celebration in 2010
- A writing activity in which students create their own "Grito" for a group to which they belong (country, family, town, school, club/organization, etc.)
- A song lyrics activity and reading for the song "México lindo y querido' as well
- Suggested lesson plans
- Projectable slides
- DIGITAL-READY Slides versions of each student activity!
Hispanic Heritage Month-related activities from The Comprehensible Classroom:
Consider expanding the lesson by teaching students about Hispanic Heritage Month and all of the other countries that celebrate their independence in the 30 day span from September 15 to October 15.
- ¿Qué es el Mes de la Herencia Hispana?
- 20 latinos notables | SPANISH
- 25 MÁS latinos notables
- 5 héroes de la Independencia de México
- 5 personajes de la Revolución Mexicana
- Cielito Lindo
- El 12 de octubre | El Día de la Raza y Día de la Resistencia Indígena
- El juramento a la bandera
- El que sabe, sabe | El mes de la herencia hispana
- Famous Hispanics Grudgeball game
- Geography of Central America, Mexico & Caribbean coloring activity in Spanish
- Geography of South America coloring activity in Spanish
- Hispanic Heritage Month | 21 personas de herencia hispana
- Hispanic Heritage Month BUNDLE
- Hispanic Heritage Month Jeopardy
- Hispanic Heritage Month reading
- La Independencia de Centroamérica | Geography and history for Spanish 1+