- Novice (Levels 1-2), Intermediate (Levels 2-4)
This Spanish-language reading is designed for Spanish 1 students and beyond to learn basic information about the Dominican Republic. It introduces the country's geography, political history, economy, and culture, as well as the importance of baseball and merengue.
The reading consists of one page of text and one page of 15 varied comprehension questions. It works well as a stand-alone activity (sub plan, fast finisher activity, etc.) or as part of a unit on the DR. Consider using it before reading the novel FELIPE ALOU: DESDE LOS VALLES A LAS MONTAÑAS by Carol Gaab (available from www.waysidepublishing.com).
OTHER GEOGRAPHY RESOURCES FROM THE COMPREHENSIBLE CLASSROOM:
- Geography of Central America, Mexico & Caribbean coloring activity in Spanish
- Geography of South America coloring activity in Spanish
- Huracanes en el Caribe
- La geografía de Guatemala
- La geografía de México
- La Gozadera by Gente de Zona ft. Marc Anthony
- La Independencia de Centroamérica | Geography and history for Spanish 1+
- The Unfair Game® in Spanish | Centroamérica
- The Unfair Game® in Spanish | Las Islas del Pacífico
- The Unfair Game® in Spanish | Spanish Speaking Countries of South America