- Novice (Levels 1-2)
Gringos commonly refer to Guatemalan public buses as 'chicken buses' because it is so normal to see chickens and other livestock riding along with the passengers--but that's not the only difference! Find out how retired US school buses end up in Central American countries and what changes that they undergo to enter their second lives as chicken buses.
These plans will fill 120-180 minutes of instruction. They include
- A four-level embedded reading in Spanish: each leveled reading is more challenging and includes more details than the previous level. Readings can be read in sequence or used individually as stand-alone readings. The lowest reading is easily comprehensible to novices, and the level 4 reading is appropriate as a stand-alone reading for intermediate/advanced Spanish students.
- Assessment questions for each leveled reading
- Discussion questions for each leveled reading
- Projectable versions of each reading
- Three video-based activities (slideshow, film trailer, music video)
- A design-your-own-bus activity with writing component.
- Answer keys for all assessment questions
- Complete lesson plans to use the materials successfully in class
For more information about the Embedded Reading strategy, please visit www.embeddedreading.com.