- Beginner (Level 1), Novice (Levels 1-2)
La revancha de los carpinchos is a current event from 2021 in the suburbs of Buenos Aires, Argentina. Due to habitat loss, capybaras have invaded private, gated communities in search of food. But, who are the real invaders?
This resource features three versions of La revancha de los carpinchos, all written in Spanish: Básico, Intermedio, and Avanzado. The Básico text will be a good fit for students that are nearing the end of their first year of Spanish, particularly students that have completed Unit 8 of the Somos 1 Curriculum. The Intermedio and Avanzado texts build on the Básico text.
Each version of the legend is accompanied by a 1-page comprehension worksheet and a whole-class game or activity. Use each version in a different level of Spanish, or work through all three in sequence to support comprehension for the most complex version. All three versions of the story contain glossaries. An additional story is included, along with several whole-class discussion activities.
SUGGESTIONS FOR USE:
- The whole class reads the same version
- Differentiate by distributing different versions to different students, and use the whole-class activities for the most simple of the versions distributed
- Students work in pairs to read two versions and identify facts that appear in each
- Read all three versions in sequence, layered in with the whole-class activities provided
- Teach the same lesson in multiple levels, modifying complexity
- Use for sub plans or too-sick-to-teach-days in multiple levels
- Add to class library and let students self-select which text is an appropriate challenge for themselves
- Laminate text on one side and comprehension activities on another and use as part of a Fast Finisher System
When you download this product, you will receive a PDF. Open the PDF and click on the link to be taken to a private Google Drive folder that contains the materials.
LOOKING FOR OTHER CLASS LIBRARY RESOURCES?
- 10 artistas que debes conocer | BUNDLE
- 5 afrolatinas
- 5 fábulas de Esopo
- 5 héroes de la Independencia de México
- 5 personajes de la Revolución Mexicana
- Anansi y el kiwano que habla | Spanish storybook
- Animales peligrosos | BUNDLE
- Cinco animales en peligro de extinción
- Cognates Los animales | Spanish
- Diego Maradona
- El Festival de los Barriletes Gigantes | 3 scaffolded readings
- El que sabe, sabe | Los animales
- El silbo gomero | Spain's Amazing Whistling Language
- Guatemalan Chicken Buses
- Hotel de basura
- La araña, leyenda quechua | Reading and activities in Spanish
- La casa azul printable storybook in simple Spanish
- La Isla de Basura
- Las ranas de cristal | Simple readings in Spanish
- La Tomatina | Simple Reading
- Lionel Messi
- Pop culture personalities | Spanish
- What is an ekeko? | Spanish Reading