- Beginner (Level 1), Novice (Levels 1-2)
- Google Drive, PDF
This Storybuilder™ PLUS is an expanded version of one of our beloved Storybuilder™ stories! Brought to you through a partnership with Paulino Brener, this single resource can provide you with content for several days of lessons! Watch a preview here.
Title: ¿Qué quiere ser Ramesh?
This is the Forms Edition of the standard Storybuilder™ from Somos 1 Flex Unit 4. The Forms Edition is NOT included in the Flex unit or the original unit.
What is a Storybuilder™?
In a Storybuilder™, students are reading a story in which they are faced with choices throughout the plot that determine how the story unfolds. Depending on the story and the choices they make, they could end up reading one of 25-50 possible versions of the story! Each story features a unique character, and every few slides the character faces a choice about how to proceed. The reader determines the actions of the main character and the outcome of the plot by choosing actions for them to take. Some of the endings are happy, and others... not so much!
Here's what makes the Storybuilder™ PLUS Forms Edition different than a standard Storybuilder™:
- Instead of clicking through an interactive Slides presentation, the story is housed in a Google Form. The choices in the story are multiple choice, and each selection moves students to a new section of the form.
- Once students reach the end of their version of the story, they get to read and listen to the story being read by a native speaker of Spanish in an embedded video that is specific to the version of the story that they just created.
- If the teacher chooses, the students are prompted to respond to a simple comprehension question about the story. This response is stored in a Sheet for the class; easy for the teacher to check at a glance!
- When the student clicks SUBMIT, their response is automatically sent to them via email. In the email that they receive, they can read through the story again and watch the video as many times as they want!
- Students can click "Submit another response" to read through a different version of the story before exiting the form altogether.
What else is included?
- Story summaries: A Google Slides file that contains all possible versions of the story; one version per slide. Each version is written in its entirety on a single slide.
- Discussion questions: A Google Slides file that contains one question per slide that you can use after your students have all worked through the Storybuilder™ PLUS. Project one slide at a time and ask the question that it contains to your students.
- Full stories: The full content of each version of the story, each in its own Google slides presentations. Each presentation is a complete version of one possible story from the Storybuilder™ PLUS, and the video version of the story is embedded in the last slide.
- Printable stories: This Storybuilder™ Form can be used to create 45 different stories, and we have provided EACH ONE as a printable worksheet with vocabulary support. Even better, we've provided a set of printable stories that ALSO includes QR code links to the videos for each story, so students can read and listen/watch at the same time!
The presentations are designed to be shared with students via a Learning Management System and read in Present mode. This product is not compatible with Microsoft Teams.
OTHER STORYBUILDER™ RESOURCES:
- Storybuilders for Novice Spanish | Set 1
- Storybuilders for Novice Spanish | Set 2
- Storybuilders for Novice Spanish | Set 3
- Storybuilders for Intermediate Spanish | Set 1
- Storybuilders for Intermediate Spanish | Set 2
- Esta es Farah Storybuilder PLUS ™
- Jalen tiene novia Storybuilder PLUS ™
- Cris se sienta Storybuilder PLUS ™
- Paul no puede encontrar su mascota Storybuilder PLUS ™