- Novice (Levels 1-2), Intermediate (Levels 2-4)
- 10 Pages
Lecturas diarias para estudiantes de español is a series of readings intended for language students after completing at least one year of language study. Each set provides one week (five days) of readings. One reading is provided for each weekday:
- Lunes de leyendas: A legend from a Spanish speaking country
- Martes de maravillas: A natural wonder from a Spanish speaking country
- Miércoles de música: A latin song, genre, or artist
- Jueves de joyas: a non-fiction text about something interesting from the Spanish speaking world or Jaja jueves: a funny meme or graphic with accompanying reading
- Viernes de viajes: A destination (place or event) in a Spanish speaking country
- Lunes de leyendas: La piel del cocodrilo
- Martes de maravillas El guacamayo de Lear
- Miércoles de música: Ojalá que llueva café - Juan Luis Guerra
- Jaja jueves: Adán busca su ropa
- Viernes de viaje: Michoacán, México (la migración de mariposas monarcas)
The original intent of this set of resources was to create a resource that teachers could provide to their students as optional summer enrichment for interested students (so that they could read one page per day throughout their summer vacations), but there are unlimited uses for these texts!
- Print and add to your class library for Free Reading!
- Print and leave a selection for Sub Plans
- Add to units of study as whole-class reading
- Send with students on extended absences
- and more!
The most motivating kind of reading for is no-strings-attached reading, and for that reason we recommend that teachers allow students to read these texts without completing any follow-up reading activities. However, because we know that there are many instances in which teachers might need or prefer to assign a post-reading task (substitute activities, absent work, etc.), we have provided a one-page post-reading Smash Doodle® template for each text that students could use to summarize the information from each text or story.