- Multi level
- 10 Pages
A Smash Doodle™ is a post-reading activity that students enjoy and that can be completed with NO teacher preparation. SmashDoodles™ are visual representations of content, in which students may combine elements of drawing with arts & crafts to convey the information. In most cases, teachers prefer to have students just draw, or doodle, their messages.
After reading a text or listening to a piece of content, students creatively represent the key ideas and personal takeaways with text and doodles on a page of paper. Smash Doodles™ are useful in the language classroom because they create an opportunity for students to revisit the text or content and to think about it critically, resulting in deeper levels of comprehension.
GET THIS RESOURCE FREE IN OUR SUBSCRIBER LIBRARY!
IN THIS RESOURCE:
This resource includes a set of "Smash Doodle™ starters" that can be printed and distributed to students who need a little extra help thinking about how they can represent ideas in a non-linear fashion. Read this blog post to learn how to use these starter pages with news articles or any other text »
The name Smash Doodle™ (also Smashdoodle) was developed by The Comprehensible Classroom and may not be used for commercial purposes without express, written consent from the creator.
OTHER EDITABLE RESOURCES FROM THE COMPREHENSIBLE CLASSROOM:
- Boum | Editable game card template for French
- ¡Cataplún! | Editable game card template for Spanish
- Dual-Language Dictionary
- Editable Stations for French classes
- Editable Stations for Spanish Classes
- Editable sub plan template for Spanish classes
- Editable Syllabus for World Language courses
- Flip Book Template
- Free Write form with rubrics for World Language classes
- Rainbow Maze Activity Template (Google Slides™)
- The Unfair Game® | Editable TEMPLATE for any subject
- Worksheet Builder | EDITABLE