- Beginner (Level 1), Novice (Levels 1-2)
- Google Drive, PDF
- 40 Pages
- 2 days
This one-of-a-kind product will teach your Spanish 1 students about Felipe VI, Rey de España, while learning about how the preposition "de" is used to show possession in Spanish. Explicit grammar notes are provided, but teachers may choose to skip the notes if they do not want to teach a grammar lesson on de for possession.
This product contains a four-level embedded reading in Spanish about Felipe VI, beginning with just a few basic lines in Spanish and ending in a two-page reading about Spain's new king.
It is designed for Spanish students in the first quarter of Spanish 1.
The file contains:
- suggestions for two pre-teaching, discussion based activities (one slideshow included)
- one-page grammar notes (optional)
- 2 versions of a basic Spanish language reading about Felipe VI
- a slideshow containing the Levels II and III readings about Felipe VI with images
- a worksheet containing the Level IV reading
- a video activity with worksheet
- a questioning game with slideshow
- a communicative activity with worksheet
- complete lesson plans for the entire unit that explain how to target the grammatical construction "de for possession" if teachers desire.
This resource is a PDF download that contains a clickable link to a Drive folder. All resources are stored in the Drive folder. Make copies of the files / Add them to your own Drive to be able to edit the slideshows, if desired!
WHAT IS GRAMMAR IN CONTEXT?
Grammar in Context lessons from The Comprehensible Classroom are designed to create opportunities for students to notice grammar patterns as they are used in context. Every Grammar in Context lesson includes brief guided notes in English about the grammar pattern, followed by at least one Spanish-language reading that includes many instances of the pattern at hand plus activities that draw students' attention to the role it plays in creating meaning.
Grammar in Context lessons are not designed to be grammar practice for students, nor are they expected to result in the mastery of a grammar concept. Grammar in Context is a more acquisition-focused approach to grammar instruction; noticing the ways in which unique linguistic features impact the overall meaning of an utterance.
MORE GRAMMAR IN CONTEXT RESOURCES FROM THE COMPREHENSIBLE CLASSROOM:
- Grammar In Context BUNDLE
- -AR Imperfect Grammar in Context
- -AR preterite verbs Grammar in Context
- -AR verbs, present indicative
- De for possession in Spanish | Grammar in Context
- Direct Object Pronouns in Spanish Grammar in Context
- E-IE stem change verbs Grammar in Context
- E-I stem change verbs | Grammar in Context
- -ER and -IR preterite regular verbs Grammar in Context
- -ER verbs present indicative Grammar in Context
- Gustar verbs in Spanish | Grammar in Context
- Infinitives Spanish Grammar in Context
- Ir + a + infinitive Grammar in Context
- Irregular Yo Verbs in Spanish
- -IR verbs present indicative Grammar in Context
- I-Y preterite verbs | Grammar in Context
- La hora
- La receta del amor | Reflexive Verbs
- Los verbos reflexivos Grammar in Context
- Mi Bolivia | Possessive adjectives and cultural reading in Spanish
- O-UE Stem Change Verbs | Grammar in Context
- Present progressive tense in Spanish Grammar in Context
- Saber vs. conocer
- Subject Pronouns in Spanish
- The Imperfect Tense Grammar in Context
- Totally irregular preterite tense verbs Grammar in Context