- Beginner (Level 1), Novice (Levels 1-2)
- 30 Pages
- 2 hours
Discover Bolivia! This 3-day lesson plan will reveal Bolivia to your students, told from the perspective of someone who lives there. A special focus on possessive adjectives (notes and structured grammar activities) makes this a perfect way to explore Grammar in Context!
- Read a beautifully illustrated shared reading about Bolivia with your students. Includes robust exposure to possessive adjectives!
- Review the information with a fast game of Tic Tac Bingo. All materials provided!
- Review the previous day's learning about Bolivia.
- Give your students some quick grammar notes about Possessive Adjectives.
- Read and complete a paragraph about Bolivia with the correct possessive adjectives.
- Match statements about Bolivia in English to their meaning in Spanish!
- Analyze quotes from three individuals of different cultural backgrounds to see who would have said each one.
After completing this lesson, your students will have developed foundational knowledge of Bolivia and will be able to accurately interpret possessive adjectives in reading and listening activities. Used without the explicit notes, the lesson plans make for an excellent lesson on Bolivia.
These lesson plans are designed for Novice Spanish students in the first semester of Spanish 1.
MORE GRAMMAR IN CONTEXT RESOURCES FROM THE COMPREHENSIBLE CLASSROOM:
- -AR Imperfect Grammar in Context
- -AR preterite verbs Grammar in Context
- -AR verbs, present indicative
- De for possession in Spanish | Grammar in Context
- Direct Object Pronouns in Spanish Grammar in Context
- E-IE stem change verbs Grammar in Context
- E-I stem change verbs | Grammar in Context
- -ER and -IR preterite regular verbs Grammar in Context
- -ER verbs present indicative Grammar in Context
- Gustar verbs in Spanish | Grammar in Context
- Infinitives Spanish Grammar in Context
- Ir + a + infinitive Grammar in Context
- Irregular Yo Verbs in Spanish
- -IR verbs present indicative Grammar in Context
- I-Y preterite verbs | Grammar in Context
- La hora
- La receta del amor | Reflexive Verbs
- Los verbos reflexivos Grammar in Context
- Mi Bolivia | Possessive adjectives and cultural reading in Spanish
- O-UE Stem Change Verbs | Grammar in Context
- Present progressive tense in Spanish Grammar in Context
- Saber vs. conocer
- Subject Pronouns in Spanish
- The Imperfect Tense Grammar in Context
- Totally irregular preterite tense verbs Grammar in Context